Devices to make landline calls clearer
There are also assistive devices available that can help you better hear your landline phone:
- Extension bells or ringer. You can add an extension bell or ringer to your landline to make it louder. They may come with a range of features including volume control and different ringtones.
- Visual call indicator. This is a device you can add to your landline phone which flashes when the phone rings to alert you. Most also have a loud ringer.
- Telephone amplifier. If you are struggling to hear calls, a telephone amplifier connects to your phone to make the caller’s voice louder.
Prices for these assistive devices range from £10 to £60 for more advanced models.
You may be able to get help paying for technology from:
- your local council’s sensory services team
- your workplace, if you need technology to help you to work
- the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) scheme, if you are in post-18 education.