Action on Hearing Loss has set up a British Sign Language (BSL) Information Service to support Deaf people during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
If you need information and support in BSL, get in touch to arrange an appointment for a signed video call.
It is open Monday to Friday.
What we can help with
We can give you information and support on topics such as:
- technology and assistive devices
- hearing loss, tinnitus and deafness
- welfare benefits
- your rights
- support in your area
- the work of Action on Hearing Loss.
How to book a BSL video call
Complete this form to arrange a BSL video call.
The form asks you to:
- request a date and time for the call
- give your contact details such as your email address
- let us know whether you would like to use FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Microsoft Teams
- let us know what information you are looking for.
An Information Officer will then email you to confirm your booking.
If you would like to use the video platform Microsoft Teams, we will give you a link to use to join the video call at the agreed time. You can join the video call on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
If you need a text service
If you would prefer to use a text service, you can contact our Information Line through:
- Relay UK
- 18001 then 0808 808 0123
- Live chat on our website