Our Flexi Grant scheme aims to provide funding to support a range of valuable small scale activities which will strengthen hearing research in new and unexpected ways to benefit people with hearing loss, tinnitus or other hearing-related conditions.
The scheme is open to any innovative idea that fulfils this purpose. Awards are usually made in March.
Summary of grant
- Deadline: Wednesday 15th January 2020
- Value: Applications for smaller sums of money are encouraged within this scheme, up to a maximum of £10,000
- Eligibility: Applicants can be from a university, research institute, or small or medium enterprise based anywhere in the world
In the last round of funding we received 27 applications and awarded funding to three projects.
The guidelines for the call and the application form for 2020 are below. There is also guidance on how to complete the form – please read this document before preparing your application.
- 2020 Flexi Grant call and guidelines
- 2020 Flexi Grant application form
- Guidance for completing the application form
- Flexi Grant standard terms and conditions
Proposals are peer-reviewed if necessary, and the most suitable projects are then selected for funding.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible, usually within two months of the application deadline.
Everyone involved in the review process of any grant application is asked to abide by our code of conduct.
Europe PubMed Central (Europe PMC) and open access publications
Action on Hearing Loss is a member of the Europe PMC Funders’ Group. We support open access publications and require Action on Hearing Loss grant holders to make their publications open access.
Read our open access publication policy for more information and visit the Europe PMC website.
For more information
If you would like more information about the Flexi Grant, please contact:
- 020 3227 6159