We’re the UK’s national charity supporting people with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss. We support and encourage people to take control of their lives, campaign for change and fund research to find a cure.
Find out more about our vision, mission and values and what drives us as a charity.
We want a world where there are no limits or labels for people who are Deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus – where they can overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose to.
We’ve created a strong community that allows us to provide high-quality support for people who are Deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus.
- We fund research to find a cure for hearing loss, and drive the development of new technology.
- We campaign to change public perception and policy for those with deafness, hearing loss or tinnitus.
- We provide day-to-day support for people who are Deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus
- We provide accessible information to help the people we support manage their condition and access their rights.
- We offer practical advice to help people protect their hearing.
- We supply communication services and training for people affected by hearing loss, including businesses.
Our work across the UK
Our values guide and challenge how we act, how we behave towards others, and how we go about our day-to-day work.
We treat people as people, with human warmth, dignity and respect. We show kindness, care and understanding and approach everyone in the way we would like to be approached. We bring our cause to life by focusing on real people living with the impact of deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss. We also bring to life our charity through people that work with us – from care and support teams, campaigners and scientists to our fundraisers and volunteers.
We’re passionate about our work and want to make a real difference to people’s lives. If things can be improved, we won’t just settle for how they currently are. We’ve prepared to challenge the status quo. We strive for high standards, taking positive risks and trying new things.
We work alongside others to achieve the best results. We listen carefully and try hard to understand other views and approaches. We share insights, ideas, learning and resources. We respect and value differences, and we enable others to participate. We act with integrity, building trust.